Now that the 2020 Tax Season is officially underway, it’s time to prepare to file your taxes.
One of the first things you should do to avoid filing delays is to gather all year-end documents, including the following:
- Social Security numbers of all names listed on your tax return. Most people have their own number memorized, but it’s a good idea to have all of them on hand. Be sure to double check that each number is entered correctly. Any incorrect information will result in delays.
- Be sure to have your Bank account and routing numbers available. You will need these for direct deposit refunds, and avoids a check getting lost, stolen or returned to IRS as undeliverable.
- All W-2 Forms from all employers.
- All 1099 Forms from banks and any other payers.
- Any other documents which show income, including any virtual currency transactions.
- Forms 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.
- You will also need access to last year’s tax return.
Rabalais Business Consulting is proud to be entering our 40th tax season in the Acadiana area. Can we help you with your individual or business taxes? Fill out the Contact Us form or stop by our offices at . You can also call 337- to schedule an appointment.